Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Primary Reality

When I was the Secretary in the primary presidency in Iowa, my favorite time was sharing time. The innocents of those kids would crack me up. You would ask a question like what do we do when we are upset and one kid would raise his hand and innocently say "My mom will say bad words" and all the adults would get a good chuckle out of it . Well Ty has been a sunbeam two weeks now. Last Sunday I had a lady in the ward tell me "your little boy is so cute" I was a little worried because with it being his first Sunday as a sunbeam he was pretty nervous. So I asked her did he do okay in there? Then she laughs and goes on to tell me. "Oh yeah, in sharing time we were talking about how we are all a child of God and Ty tells everyone he is Not a Child of God" Then on Saturday at a Primary activity the Bishops wife tells me again how cute he is . I say yeah I heard that he is not a child of god. then she tells me more ...on that same Sunday the bishop was talking about how our mom and dad love us. and Ty again loudly says my mom and dad DON'T love me nobody does!. I laugh and start thinking... great, our Ty is going to be the kid who makes all the adults laugh, and every time we drop him off we will wonder what he is going to say. This Sunday no embarrassing things were said but I'm still hearing about how We don't love Ty from various teachers who were in primary that day.

5 comments:

Alison said...

That is awesome!! I am so glad Jack can't talk yet. I can only imagine what he would say. Something like, "She made me eat green beans AGAIN for the third day in a row." I'd say it will get better but from teaching experience, it will only get worse before it gets better. Wait until his 1st grader teacher calls home with a concern--ha!

Heitmann Family said...

I love it!! I am glad that he is your sweet little kid!! Sorry about the baby pressure, it wasn't really intended!!

Becky T said...

That is hilarious!! We had to plead with Tyler to even stay the first week and we had Stake Conference the second week, so he's only been once. And I can only imagine the kinds of things he is going to say once (IF) he starts going without a problem. Oh boy! Just the other day in Old Navy, he told one of the workers that "my mom doesn't have any money to buy me a ball." Nice! Kids are the best!

Shelley Family said...

I have to say, as Ty's Sumbeam teacher :), I love him. He cracks me up! I am sure their will be many more funny stories in the future.

Mick and Tiff said...

You are coming here in May! Yipee!! I sure hope between all the family stuff you can make room for me for at least one little day. I miss my Corine! You would think that blogging would make it better but since we started blogging and keeping in better contact, I miss you here even more! Is Chris able to come with you? BTW- Story about TY- I laughed and laughed!