Monday, February 8, 2010

New things I'm trying out

I have been meaning to post this along time ago but I am just now getting around to it. I have been following a site So you think your crafty. There are so many talented women and each week they create a craft around that weeks theme. Although I could never be a participant I love to get great ideas from these amazing women. The last winner is amazingly talented and I now love to check her blog (HERE) out multiple times a week and has inspired me to be more thrifty and see things in a different light. I found this shirt in the first picture at JCPenny for a whopping $2.97 it was a womens shirt extra small and thought I could refashion it to a dress for my Goosey I was mostly pleased with the results and for my first refashion I think it turned out pretty well. One other thing I have made is a skirt made out of a vintage bedsheet kindof fun. Someday I will try to make this too. So many things to try... so little time!


Before/ After

The other thing that has been taken over in my mind is doing a little baking. My visiting teacher (who was just taken from me to edify a new sister in the ward) is an amazing talented lady who also has inspired me. I have always loved to bake but after seeing the amazing work that Trudy does I wanted to try different things too. Chris got me this cookbook. I love it and look at it often. We decided that we need to have more get-together because it is a bad idea to bake all the yummy stuff in that book and eat it just the two of us. So mostly we just look at all the pretty pictures but these are a few of the things I have made. Not Trudy worthy but they tasted good!



4 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Yummo on the baking!! You are doing awesome!! I love the dress for Lucy too. You are very talented and I'm not just saying that either!!!

Erin said...

Your talent never ceases to amaze me! I sure do miss you Jello!

Mitzi said...

That dress is just too cute... so many wonderful ideas... it inspired me to move the sewing machine down from the top shelf to the middle shelf in the closet (still isn't out yet, but it's progress... sewing has never been a forte, but love all the cute things out there) you guys truly inspire!

Anonymous said...

sis you did a wonderful job i'm so proud of you and your willingness to try new things and they always turn out beautiful love yu mom